Dignitaries and elders gather after the signing of the Peel Watershed Regional Plan.
Both the Yukon Land Use Planning Council and Dawson Regional Planning Commissions had busy and interesting 2019-20 (Click here for YLUPC and DRPC annual reports). Highlights of the Council’s work this year includes:
- The approval of the regional plan for the Peel Watershed
- Attending 6 Yukon First Nation General Assemblies (a record for YLUPC!)
- Establishing a working relationship with Yukon Forum Leads committee
- Beginning to assist Yukon, CYFN and Canada with the adequacy of funding review for Regional Land Use Planning
- Continued support to the Dawson Regional Planning Commission as they work to complete their draft plan