The Yukon Land Use Planning Council (YLUPC) helps Government, Yukon First Nations and Regional Planning Commissions coordinate their efforts to conduct regional land use planning. We are looking for a Director with a collaborative style of leadership, strong communication skills and experience working with a committed Board, Council or Commission, and who can lead a group of passionate staff. More information on the Council and its mandate can be found at www.planyukon.ca. Closing date is May 8th 2022
Interested persons are invited to submit a resume with a cover letter clearly indicating how they meet the following high-level qualifications and those noted in the statement of qualifications:
- Diploma or degree from a recognized college or university in the fields of Land Use Planning, Resource Management, or other related discipline OR an acceptable combination of education, training, traditional knowledge and/or experience;
- A minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in land planning or a related field;
- Experience working within complex multi-party processes with Yukon First Nations, Federal and/or Territorial governments, First Nations citizens, and stakeholders in situations requiring sensitivity, self-awareness, and strong conflict resolution skills;
- Experience working with the Umbrella Final Agreement and other related Indigenous Comprehensive Land Claim Agreements including First Nation Final Agreements;
- Demonstrated leadership, management, decision-making and supervisory experience;
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others;
- Managing and participation in working groups, cooperative or consultative boards and/or processes;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including engaged listening, mediation and facilitation skills;
- Experience managing moderate sized budgets and financial agreements;
- Experience in the development of policy, reports and presentation, briefing notes and correspondence materials, at times in cooperation with First Nation and Yukon Government partners.
The salary range for this position is $108,934 - $130,721 per annum (under review), plus benefits, annual leave and health plan. We are committed to the well-being of our employees and encourage their personal and professional development. We offer a flexible, team-oriented work environment.
Who can apply: Persons eligible to work in Canada. The YLUPC supports the intent of Article 22.4 of the Umbrella Final Agreement. Accordingly, YLUPC seeks to hire members of Yukon First Nations when fully-qualified candidates are found who are members of Yukon First Nations. All applicants are asked to indicate whether they are members of a Yukon First Nation.
Candidates who meet the required qualifications will be invited to participate in a written assessment, interview and reference process. During that process additional qualifications and skills will be assessed.