We are seeking exceptional individuals to join our small and dynamic team.
We offer travel opportunities, good pay, comfortable office space, flexible work arrangements, and the ability to contribute to upholding important Umbrella Final Agreement processes and fostering a sustainable future for the Yukon.
Call to action: This is your chance to build a better future for the Yukon
– Looking for a new opportunity?
– Motivated to make a difference?
– Interested in being in touch with the land and water?
– Looking for a place where your ideas are respected?
– A holistic thinker?
– A collaborator that can work with others to find solutions to big challenges?
We support the intent of Article 22.4 of the Yukon Umbrella Final Agreement. Accordingly, we seek to hire members of Yukon First Nations, when qualified candidates are found. Therefore, all applicants are asked to indicate whether they are members of a Yukon First Nation.
The Yukon Land Use Planning Council is seeking a motivated and action-oriented team member to help land use planning processes embrace Indigenous Planning and Traditional Knowledge.
This position will provide the successful applicant with valuable experience working in regional land use planning, with a dynamic volunteer council, and be supported by a small and professional team at Yukon Land Use Planning Council, with the opportunity for regular travel between Whitehorse and other Yukon communities.
This is an exciting time join our team, with new planning initiatives on the horizon.
The Land Relationship Planner will:
• Coordinate the Indigenous Planning and Traditional Knowledge Committee;
• Explore ways to weave Traditional Knowledge into regional land use planning;
• Assist regional planning commissions to integrate First Nation knowledge and experience;
• Work with planning partners to develop capacity and support participation in planning;
• Organize gatherings aimed at improving regional planning relationships and processes.
Annual Salary: $77,164 – $95,168
Term: This is a permanent position
For more information about this position, including a job description and statement of qualifications, contact Tim Sellars, Director of Yukon Land Use Planning Council at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (867) 667-7397 ext 1.
Please submit your cover letter and resumé no later than 5:00 pm, July 14, 2023 to email@example.com
As other positions become available, applicants may also be considered for future positions at the Yukon Land Use Planning Council.